Skip to main content

Growth Mindset: Learn from Other Student

For this blog, I went through the Growth Mindset Padlet where student post quotes on it. Quotes that we can use as our motto, each quote was something I never thought about and had insight of the student to their growth in school, work and life in general. There was a few quotes that I like, something new and never thought of before until I read the quote.

On this blog, I will share some quotes that gave me another perspective in school, work and life. I will talk about about how I can use the quote to my own life.

Push Through!

This quote post was from a student and it was about her failing her first semester in college. She couldn't get an A in her work and was saying why should she put any effort in when she know she is going to fail. At the end, she learned her mistake and know how to deal with failure. 

I like this quote because when I do my work school/college, I am scared for getting a bad grade and if I making something or taking risk in like I'm scared that I will failure and be an embarrassment. Keeping this quote in my mind, I am hoping that whatever I am doing I want to keep pushing through and not give up too easily or too early. 

I want to take in new challenges and find more of my creative side.

R.E.A.D - Realise Everyone Acts Different

This means that people aren't going to act the same way as you because they went through a different things than you. Being a better person and get to know more people and understand where they are coming from is better than judging them by the way they act and look without knowing a thing about that person. We often judge people too quickly. This quote is a reminder that we are all human and the same in some way if we listen and getting to know them more.

"Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and Start being excited about what could go right"

This quote made me realised that I should stop thinking about all things that can go wrong and ignore all the negative thoughts I have of failure. I am going to start thinking about all the things that can go great for me.

Even if it might be a failure or an embarrassment, I shouldn't care that people think it's a failure or that they don't like the idea. As long as I am happy and I like the idea than I'm going to be more excited and put in more effort. 

"I am not AFRAID of a CHALLENGE!
I can TRAIN my BRAIN to do it!
I can't do it YET... with EFFORT I can!
My MISTAKES help me GROW!"

Comments

  1. hey Nhu!,
    I really enjoyed reading through your blog post, 'growth mindset: learn from other student'. I found this post to be really interesting to read and I agree with the quotes that you used. I find them to give me a different perspective on things too! I especially liked your last quote that you chose because I can relate to it. It says, "Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and Start being excited about what could go right". I really like this quote. Anyways Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

ABOUT ME My name is Nhu Thai. I am really shy but after you know me you will probably regret knowing me. I love meme, I mean who doesn't? I am the oldest and I have 2 annoying brothers and one told me to write that he's a good singer...he thinks he's Beyonce... The best module I took from last year was probably web development because I like doing the coding but I also hate it at the same time. I understood it because I took down notes and ask the lecturer and classmates for help. When I saw that web development was one of my highest grade I was shocked and happy.  Career wise... I don’t really know exactly what I want to do. I would like to go and do something that involves media but I still don’t know if I want it for the long term yet. If I am doing it for the long term, I would like to go to graphic design or photography or website design.  Over the summer, I went to Disneyland Paris again. I only went because my little cousins wanted to go and I thought it

Game Vision Statement

Zoobe is what the name for the puzzle and adventure game I want to design.  It is a game where you are an animal, in a shape of a box and trying to escape from the zoo without getting caught but the humans or traps. The background story for this game is that one night the animal decided that they want to get away and out of the zoo and be free. Some nights after, one of the animal's gate was left unlock and left their "home" behind them. Since all the animals wanted to be free and actually go back to the jungle. The animal that escape went to get the key for the gate, with the help of other animals trying to get the zoo keeper drop the key to all the gates. To play this game, you are the animal who's gate was left unlock and have to get the key to open the other gates for the animal. The animal can't move by itself so you have to move them yourself without getting caught by the zookeeper or traps. To free the animal you either have to move them to the box that

Game Idea Research

Last week I brainstormed some different game ideas. This blog will be about one of those ideas and it will be the type of game I would enjoy working on for the rest of the semester and I will be focusing on the three possible game mechanics ideas that I know would work well for this assignment. The game idea I am going to focus on will be a puzzle game, my third game idea from the  Game Brainstorm  blog. This game idea was inspired by all the games I played and used to have on my phone. I want to create a game that's challenging but also fun to play. A game where the setting is in the sky and you have to move a box or something where it's supposed to be but there will be something trying to make you lose and think of your next move. Each level getting more difficult. The three or more game mechanics/rules ideas, I was thinking that would work well for the game is: Instant death  - Something causing the player to die instantly, maybe an spikes or a person/creatures Unco