Skip to main content

Feedback Thoughts


The first article I read was about how to crush self-doubt based on his own experience as a teacher. In the article, he talks about the seven different ways and goes into details about how he overcome self-doubt. 

The second article was about why it's so hard to hear negative feedback and have they aren't to make you feel sad about it. Every time you get a negative feedback, they are honest and will help you improve. 

I think it's important to overcome self-doubt and listen and act on the negative feedback. Listening to others can help you to improve on your work and crushing self-doubt can stop you from doing something you want and love. Thinking you can't and not listening to the feedback can stop you for being creative, which will put your mind into a fixed mindset. You would want to have a growth mindset because you will eventually have no self-doubt and understand why it was important to listen to the feedbacks.

 Looking back, the most productive feedback I can remember was that someone telling me that I shouldn't compare myself to others. Don't work or try to be the same as someone else thats not going to get me anywhere in life. 

The most negative feedback I got was probably someone telling me what if I'm going to be this and that it's not going to last. I don't really remember the reason why or what this conversation was but I did remember that even if that person didn't like or I'm not going to be that, I would still practise and work more.

When you have a big family like mine, every time when there's a family party happening you or your cousins always get compare either by an older cousins or family friend. Even hearing what they say, my cousins and I don't listen to what they saying because at the end of the day everyone is different and it's just their own opinion.

The two articles I read was:
  1. Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt in Creative Work by John Spencer
  2. Why It's So Hard to Hear Negative Feedback by Tim Herrera 

"BElieve in YOUrself";
Source: Flickr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

ABOUT ME My name is Nhu Thai. I am really shy but after you know me you will probably regret knowing me. I love meme, I mean who doesn't? I am the oldest and I have 2 annoying brothers and one told me to write that he's a good singer...he thinks he's Beyonce... The best module I took from last year was probably web development because I like doing the coding but I also hate it at the same time. I understood it because I took down notes and ask the lecturer and classmates for help. When I saw that web development was one of my highest grade I was shocked and happy.  Career wise... I don’t really know exactly what I want to do. I would like to go and do something that involves media but I still don’t know if I want it for the long term yet. If I am doing it for the long term, I would like to go to graphic design or photography or website design.  Over the summer, I went to Disneyland Paris again. I only went because my little cousins wanted to go and I thought i...

Game Vision Statement

Zoobe is what the name for the puzzle and adventure game I want to design.  It is a game where you are an animal, in a shape of a box and trying to escape from the zoo without getting caught but the humans or traps. The background story for this game is that one night the animal decided that they want to get away and out of the zoo and be free. Some nights after, one of the animal's gate was left unlock and left their "home" behind them. Since all the animals wanted to be free and actually go back to the jungle. The animal that escape went to get the key for the gate, with the help of other animals trying to get the zoo keeper drop the key to all the gates. To play this game, you are the animal who's gate was left unlock and have to get the key to open the other gates for the animal. The animal can't move by itself so you have to move them yourself without getting caught by the zookeeper or traps. To free the animal you either have to move them to the box that...

Alpha

The game is slowly getting to where I want it to go but I am still having a problem with making the player collect the animal and instant death when hitting the "zookeeper" When I add in the codes to make the player collecting the animal it wouldn't work but it collecting the "key" works if you go over it and makes a ding sound so I know its working. Either today or tomorrow I will work on it again and see if it will work. Hopefully, it works. The instant death still wouldn't work for me, the "zookeeper" either doesn't move or it goes off the floor. I added in more animals and zookeeper to make the game more interesting. I didn't want to have too many levels since it only for a project and I'm not making a real game for everyone in the world to play. So I'm thinking of having at least 3-4 levels. I am also thinking of having an item that makes you go faster but I don't think that's possible for me to do since I can...