Skip to main content

Week 8 Reading and Writing

This week is review week, so for this blog and this week I will be going back to my last blog post and give you my thoughts on them.

Looking back at my Reading blogs, at the start I put some effort in and we continue on doing this every week I wasn't putting as much effort I did at the start. I don't know about you guys but I am getting tired and bored doing the same thing every week.

For me, I don't like writing and reading that much. I like reading but I only like it when it's something I am interested in. Yeah I like to play games but I don't care about how it was made but it was also interesting to know the different games and the different elements when making a game. I just didn't think it was useful for me since I didn't want to be a game designer.

Reading the notes did help me when designing the game for this module assignment. It was useful when I read about the different elements and MDA.

My favourite reading was either the Game Elements or the Game Decisions. I like the Game Elements article because it talked about Mario 64 and why the game works for everyone. I always and still love playing Mario games. (FUN FACT: I just for the golden kart in Mario Kart 8 on Nintendo switch) It also explains the game elements that are used in games, I knew they used these elements but never thought of it like the way game designer thinks.

The Game Decisions article was about what makes a cozy game the way it is. It talks about the decisions you have to make if you are aiming to make a cozy game. I usually play a cozy game but never knew it was under the category "cozy game" when I look for games to play on my phone I just search the type of game I want to play.  I find it interesting when there are different decisions you have to make if you want a cozy game.

Some of the tip on decisions I had a feeling it would be on the article I read because it was obvious since you are making a game that is cozy. Cozy should be something nice and calm which was obvious when they said not to make the game violence or have any blood in the game.

For my Game Project, I am happy with my game idea but I am still kind of struggle making the actual game but I know I have to take my time and don't rush it and think everything would work straight away because I know that's not true. When it comes to coding and making a game on Unity is going to take some time since I only know how to use it this semester.

After looking back, I am going to look forward now. I don't like reading but I don't really want to come in to the lecture class since I know I can do this at home and can easily do other assignments work once I'm done writing and reading. What I don't like is that every week it is the same thing over and over again, I don't know if its just me but I am getting bored with this routine.

One of my favourite pictures I used for one of my blog;
Source: Flickr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

ABOUT ME My name is Nhu Thai. I am really shy but after you know me you will probably regret knowing me. I love meme, I mean who doesn't? I am the oldest and I have 2 annoying brothers and one told me to write that he's a good singer...he thinks he's Beyonce... The best module I took from last year was probably web development because I like doing the coding but I also hate it at the same time. I understood it because I took down notes and ask the lecturer and classmates for help. When I saw that web development was one of my highest grade I was shocked and happy.  Career wise... I don’t really know exactly what I want to do. I would like to go and do something that involves media but I still don’t know if I want it for the long term yet. If I am doing it for the long term, I would like to go to graphic design or photography or website design.  Over the summer, I went to Disneyland Paris again. I only went because my little cousins wanted to go and I thought it

Game Vision Statement

Zoobe is what the name for the puzzle and adventure game I want to design.  It is a game where you are an animal, in a shape of a box and trying to escape from the zoo without getting caught but the humans or traps. The background story for this game is that one night the animal decided that they want to get away and out of the zoo and be free. Some nights after, one of the animal's gate was left unlock and left their "home" behind them. Since all the animals wanted to be free and actually go back to the jungle. The animal that escape went to get the key for the gate, with the help of other animals trying to get the zoo keeper drop the key to all the gates. To play this game, you are the animal who's gate was left unlock and have to get the key to open the other gates for the animal. The animal can't move by itself so you have to move them yourself without getting caught by the zookeeper or traps. To free the animal you either have to move them to the box that

Game Idea Research

Last week I brainstormed some different game ideas. This blog will be about one of those ideas and it will be the type of game I would enjoy working on for the rest of the semester and I will be focusing on the three possible game mechanics ideas that I know would work well for this assignment. The game idea I am going to focus on will be a puzzle game, my third game idea from the  Game Brainstorm  blog. This game idea was inspired by all the games I played and used to have on my phone. I want to create a game that's challenging but also fun to play. A game where the setting is in the sky and you have to move a box or something where it's supposed to be but there will be something trying to make you lose and think of your next move. Each level getting more difficult. The three or more game mechanics/rules ideas, I was thinking that would work well for the game is: Instant death  - Something causing the player to die instantly, maybe an spikes or a person/creatures Unco