Skip to main content

Thoughts about Growth Mindset

I never heard of Carol Dweck or the Growth Mindset before and I learned that using the grade "Not Yet", you will understand that you're on a learning curve and loving challenges. There is two mindset, Fixed and Growth. A fixed mindset is scared to look dumb and is always wanting to looks smart. A growth mindset believes that intelligence can be developed through their effort, dedication, learning and mentorship. 

Showing effort is a good thing because we can learn new things while showing your ability if you are trying. Learning your mistakes if a good thing, it helps you know what to do and what not to do next time if you even come across it again. Praising their effort and not their intelligence will make them what new and difficult challenges. You should value the process and not the intelligence, if you value their intelligence it would put them into a fixed mindset and if you value their process it would put them into a growth mindset.

Praising their intelligence would make them not wanting to learn more but if its their effort or process they are most likely want to take on new challenges where they can learn from their mistake. Fixed mindset would lose their confident when doing a hard question while Growth mindset would still be confident even if the questions are hard for them. 

I am hoping I would learning and experience more about the growth mindset this semester. I personal hope that when I am doing my projects I would stay in a growth mindset and not a fixed mindset. 

A photo from Vincent Spadoni.
Source: Twitter



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

ABOUT ME My name is Nhu Thai. I am really shy but after you know me you will probably regret knowing me. I love meme, I mean who doesn't? I am the oldest and I have 2 annoying brothers and one told me to write that he's a good singer...he thinks he's Beyonce... The best module I took from last year was probably web development because I like doing the coding but I also hate it at the same time. I understood it because I took down notes and ask the lecturer and classmates for help. When I saw that web development was one of my highest grade I was shocked and happy.  Career wise... I don’t really know exactly what I want to do. I would like to go and do something that involves media but I still don’t know if I want it for the long term yet. If I am doing it for the long term, I would like to go to graphic design or photography or website design.  Over the summer, I went to Disneyland Paris again. I only went because my little cousins wanted to go and I thought i...

Game Vision Statement

Zoobe is what the name for the puzzle and adventure game I want to design.  It is a game where you are an animal, in a shape of a box and trying to escape from the zoo without getting caught but the humans or traps. The background story for this game is that one night the animal decided that they want to get away and out of the zoo and be free. Some nights after, one of the animal's gate was left unlock and left their "home" behind them. Since all the animals wanted to be free and actually go back to the jungle. The animal that escape went to get the key for the gate, with the help of other animals trying to get the zoo keeper drop the key to all the gates. To play this game, you are the animal who's gate was left unlock and have to get the key to open the other gates for the animal. The animal can't move by itself so you have to move them yourself without getting caught by the zookeeper or traps. To free the animal you either have to move them to the box that...

Alpha

The game is slowly getting to where I want it to go but I am still having a problem with making the player collect the animal and instant death when hitting the "zookeeper" When I add in the codes to make the player collecting the animal it wouldn't work but it collecting the "key" works if you go over it and makes a ding sound so I know its working. Either today or tomorrow I will work on it again and see if it will work. Hopefully, it works. The instant death still wouldn't work for me, the "zookeeper" either doesn't move or it goes off the floor. I added in more animals and zookeeper to make the game more interesting. I didn't want to have too many levels since it only for a project and I'm not making a real game for everyone in the world to play. So I'm thinking of having at least 3-4 levels. I am also thinking of having an item that makes you go faster but I don't think that's possible for me to do since I can...