Skip to main content

INTRODUCTION

ABOUT ME


My name is Nhu Thai. I am really shy but after you know me you will probably regret knowing me. I love meme, I mean who doesn't? I am the oldest and I have 2 annoying brothers and one told me to write that he's a good singer...he thinks he's Beyonce...

The best module I took from last year was probably web development because I like doing the coding but I also hate it at the same time. I understood it because I took down notes and ask the lecturer and classmates for help. When I saw that web development was one of my highest grade I was shocked and happy. 

Career wise... I don’t really know exactly what I want to do. I would like to go and do something that involves media but I still don’t know if I want it for the long term yet. If I am doing it for the long term, I would like to go to graphic design or photography or website design. 

Over the summer, I went to Disneyland Paris again. I only went because my little cousins wanted to go and I thought it would be fun. It was fun but it was also tiring, plus it was only for three days and I ended up hurting my ankle on the last day... I couldn't walk properly for a few days... Other than getting injured it was a fun holiday. Fun fact: The first time I went to Disneyland Paris, it was their 15th year anniversary. The second time it was their 20th and the one I went over the summer was their 25th. Every 5 years my family somehow manage to go to Disneyland, so in 5 years time we will be back. 

Personal photo of Disneyland Castle;
Photo from August 2018.

I got a new camera for my birthday and I love it so much. The photo of Disneyland Castle above was taken with my new camera. I got a canon 200D, I was going to get the canon 800D but 200D is cheaper than 800D and I found out that 200D is basically a mini version of 800D.

If I am not busy then I am at home eating, looking at memes and watching Brooklyn Nine Nine. I only started watching that show over the summer and it is one of my favourite TV show now, I am so excited for the next season that is hopefully be out next year. I would also be playing my favourite game Mario Kart on Nintendo Switch.

I don't have any pets but I would love a dog, either a pug or an Australian shepherd. Pugs are ugly but they are cute at the same time and Australian shepherd is just adorable and pretty.

Australian shepherd gang.
Source: Flickr
 

Pug.
Source: Flickr

My brothers and I are trying to convince my mam to get another dog, the last dog we had was a pomeranian. We named him Sonic because he was fast like a sonic, we were young when we had him. We only had him for a few months but we gave it to my grandparents. After a few years, someone left the front door open and he ran away. We never found him but I have a feeling that he's died because I had a dream of our family dog named Tykes, who died 2 years ago, and Sonic was there. This may sound weird but I felt Tykes was telling me Sonic is died but he is here for me and saying goodbye. Sonic was a stupid dog but I still love him and I will always love and miss him. 

Personal photo of Tykes and Sonic;
Photo from April 2012.

Sorry it had to end in a sad story but this is all I want to share on this blog.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your dogs, I've always been lucky enough to have a dog around the house. As this semester progress keep doing what worked for Web Dev, ask me and your classmates plenty of questions, I'm confident that we'll have a very productive semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad to hear about your dogs. I once had a dog who passed away and she was very young. She was hit by a car when I was 9. It was devastating to go through to be honest. That picture of Disney-land is amazing. Great quality photograph. I also have two very annoying brothers but i'm in middle regarding age. I'm not a hundred percent sure what I want to do yet but I'm sure I will in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked web dev too! Bit challenging at times but quite rewarding when you see the website coming together. I've never gotten the opportunity to visit Disneyland yet, unfortunately. I would really love to go, it looks magical! I'd love to buy a camera! They're so expensive though and I don't know whether or not I'd make good use of it. I was obsessed with Mario Kart as a kid, I had it on the Wii and you couldn't get me off it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to hear about your dog. I know how that feels because I had the same thing happen to me when I was 7 with my dog, Tito. On a happier note, the Disneyland picture looks awesome! I love going there but it sucks how you have to wait in line for everything ugh. Hope you figure out what carrier you'd like to pursue, you definitely have a talent for photography and graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nhu :) Can't relate with the web dev part but I'm glad you enjoyed it! So cool that you went to Disneyland over the Summer I bet it was amazing. I'm the same with the eating and watching shows when I'm at home, it's needed sometimes! Sorry to hear about your dog, Sonic is such a cool name though! Can't wait to read more of your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nhu
    Really sorry to hear about your dog. My grandfather had a dog that I always loved to see, but she past away many years ago. Glad to see you enjoyed web development last year . I enjoyed it myself but always found it tough to do. I know how you feel about being surprised by your result in web development as I felt I did a lot worse in some courses last year but did much better than I thought. Love the Disneyland photo and I hope to visit it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nhu! Great to see you in second year. I know you since first year and you are really nice person, you did a good job as our class rep too. Good luck with all the modules, I bet you are sad there is no more photography module, but we learned basically everything we need to know, so take your camera and go out and practice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nhu! Great to see you like and also hate web development as much as i do. i was also happy to see the grade i got! I'm sad to hear about your dogs. It's horrible to lose a dog that you loved. i had a dog also but someone took him from us one day while he was out the front. I hope you enjoy second year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nhu, hows it going. Loved the Blog post. it was a pretty fun and interesting read. Pretty cool you enjoued web dev, personally I could take it or leave it. Also your adventures at Disneyland sounded fun until you broke your ankle, sorry to hear that, must've been painful. Also Its pretty intresting you want to consdider a carereer in Web dev or phototgraphy or design, Also not going to lie, Mario kart, memes and Broklynn Nine Nine are all pretty awesome too. So sorry to hear about your dog, it's hard losing a little friend, they bring so much joy and love. Dogs are still so great though. Good to see you back and good luck with second year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nhu! Hope second year is going well for you so far. I am sorry to hear about your dog, mine also died about a year ago. Your trip to Disney Land looks like so much fun, I went when I was about 7 years old and it was a trip I will never forget. I hope that you get on well with the rest of this semester. Only two more weeks until we get to relax and enjoy a break!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Vision Statement

Zoobe is what the name for the puzzle and adventure game I want to design.  It is a game where you are an animal, in a shape of a box and trying to escape from the zoo without getting caught but the humans or traps. The background story for this game is that one night the animal decided that they want to get away and out of the zoo and be free. Some nights after, one of the animal's gate was left unlock and left their "home" behind them. Since all the animals wanted to be free and actually go back to the jungle. The animal that escape went to get the key for the gate, with the help of other animals trying to get the zoo keeper drop the key to all the gates. To play this game, you are the animal who's gate was left unlock and have to get the key to open the other gates for the animal. The animal can't move by itself so you have to move them yourself without getting caught by the zookeeper or traps. To free the animal you either have to move them to the box that

Game Idea Research

Last week I brainstormed some different game ideas. This blog will be about one of those ideas and it will be the type of game I would enjoy working on for the rest of the semester and I will be focusing on the three possible game mechanics ideas that I know would work well for this assignment. The game idea I am going to focus on will be a puzzle game, my third game idea from the  Game Brainstorm  blog. This game idea was inspired by all the games I played and used to have on my phone. I want to create a game that's challenging but also fun to play. A game where the setting is in the sky and you have to move a box or something where it's supposed to be but there will be something trying to make you lose and think of your next move. Each level getting more difficult. The three or more game mechanics/rules ideas, I was thinking that would work well for the game is: Instant death  - Something causing the player to die instantly, maybe an spikes or a person/creatures Unco