Skip to main content

Multimedia Project Research

This semester I will be in a small group project. As in for right now we only have 7 people in our group project. In my group there is Emma Byrne, Robyn Mulhall, Nicole Goodman, Marcin Grabicki, Esmee MacPherson and Eva Garrett We want a game for the junior infant to 1st class (4-6 years old children), it's disgusted as a game but it's interactive learning.

We were thinking of making it in like an app where the children can play when they are on the tablet or phone because nowadays there's are kids with iPhone and iPad etc. so if they are on these devices watching youtube or playing games on it. They can play this learning game instead of going on youtube. It will be similar to Duolingo and Study Stack but it will be easy, simple and fun for the kids.

The game is about learning different subjects, such as English, Maths, Irish etc. I was thinking of having 2 people on designing the menu page, 2 people on designing all the background for the different subjects we are going to have and 3 people on the sound and audio we are going to need. Once we have all this done, we will have 2 people per subjects, they would work on the subjects together.

At first, we were going to have one person per subjects but we all thought it's going to be tough so we decided to have two people per subjects. So far we are thinking of having:

  • English - Grammar.
  • Maths - Simple Maths.
  • Irish - Irish Grammar.
  • Art - Primary and Secondary colours.
  • Science - The body layout (Biology)
  • Geography - The World's map.
  • Music - The different instruments.
  • History- Irish legends.
We are most likely going to use Zebrazapps and E-Learning. If we need to drag and drop in one of the subjects, we are going to use H5P.org or Adobe Animate.

Learning, Online, Mobile;
Source: Flickr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

ABOUT ME My name is Nhu Thai. I am really shy but after you know me you will probably regret knowing me. I love meme, I mean who doesn't? I am the oldest and I have 2 annoying brothers and one told me to write that he's a good singer...he thinks he's Beyonce... The best module I took from last year was probably web development because I like doing the coding but I also hate it at the same time. I understood it because I took down notes and ask the lecturer and classmates for help. When I saw that web development was one of my highest grade I was shocked and happy.  Career wise... I don’t really know exactly what I want to do. I would like to go and do something that involves media but I still don’t know if I want it for the long term yet. If I am doing it for the long term, I would like to go to graphic design or photography or website design.  Over the summer, I went to Disneyland Paris again. I only went because my little cousins wanted to go and I thought i...

Game Vision Statement

Zoobe is what the name for the puzzle and adventure game I want to design.  It is a game where you are an animal, in a shape of a box and trying to escape from the zoo without getting caught but the humans or traps. The background story for this game is that one night the animal decided that they want to get away and out of the zoo and be free. Some nights after, one of the animal's gate was left unlock and left their "home" behind them. Since all the animals wanted to be free and actually go back to the jungle. The animal that escape went to get the key for the gate, with the help of other animals trying to get the zoo keeper drop the key to all the gates. To play this game, you are the animal who's gate was left unlock and have to get the key to open the other gates for the animal. The animal can't move by itself so you have to move them yourself without getting caught by the zookeeper or traps. To free the animal you either have to move them to the box that...

Alpha

The game is slowly getting to where I want it to go but I am still having a problem with making the player collect the animal and instant death when hitting the "zookeeper" When I add in the codes to make the player collecting the animal it wouldn't work but it collecting the "key" works if you go over it and makes a ding sound so I know its working. Either today or tomorrow I will work on it again and see if it will work. Hopefully, it works. The instant death still wouldn't work for me, the "zookeeper" either doesn't move or it goes off the floor. I added in more animals and zookeeper to make the game more interesting. I didn't want to have too many levels since it only for a project and I'm not making a real game for everyone in the world to play. So I'm thinking of having at least 3-4 levels. I am also thinking of having an item that makes you go faster but I don't think that's possible for me to do since I can...