Skip to main content

Annotated Bibliography

In this blog, I will be discussing the 5 different articles that relate to the Multimedia Project I am doing this semester. These are the different Annotated Bibliography I looked at:


Evan Ortlieb, (2014), Experiential Learning Theory, inEvan Ortlieb (ed.) Theoretical Models of Learning and Literacy Development (Literacy Research, Practice and Evaluation, Volume 4) Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.109 - 137, emeraldinsight.com

  • This article is about how experiential learning can have on students when learning in and out of the classroom. There's new experiential learning theory and it shows that there is a different paths learners take when learning. One of the main methods of learning is that we can learn from doing something. For decades, reading skills must be taught. Many involves experiencing literature through hands-on and e-learning environments can promote reading. Students who are interested in literacy and using technology and experiential learning should be of central focus.

François Fourcade, Nicolas Go, (2012) "Towards a new paradigm in experiential learning: lessons learned from kindergarten", Journal of Management Development, Vol. 31 Issue: 3, pp.198-208, doi.org

  • This article is about comparing two different ways of experiential learning. This paper is five years of action research involving more than 70 students and another one was run in kindergartens for more than 10 years. To reveal the power of experiential learning one needs to be complaint with four principles: the conditions for the experience to emerge comes from themselves, the multiplicity, the dual epistemological authenticity and the complexity principles. 

Tania Pereira Christopoulos, Adriana Wilner, Maria Luisa Trindade Bestetti, (2016) "Experimental learning enhancing improvisation skills", The Learning Organization, Vol. 23 Issue: 6, pp.415-428, doi.org

  • This article aims to improve training and experimentation as an alternative method to deal with unexpected events in which structured processes do not seem to work. The study designs a framework and process model of experimental learning supported by a case study of Brazilian Government agents. The lessons and group experiences of the experimental learning course helped agents to build tools to deal with events that required improvisation. 

Mona Holmqvist, Göran Brante, Charlotte Tullgren, (2012) "Learning study in pre‐school: teachers’ awareness of children's learning and what they actually learn", International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies, Vol. 1 Issue: 2, pp.153-167, doi.org

  • This article is about pre-school children's learning during a learning study and their teachers' awareness of each child's learning possibilities to what they actually learned. The aims are to focus on how to design a learning study in a pre-school setting and to study young children's learning. There is a difference between what the children actually learned and the teachers' awareness about the children's possibilities. The teacher's awareness of the children's learning is different from what the children actually learned. Teachers' expectations are too high or too low, they will affect the children's abilities to learn in a positive or negative way but not offering children challenging tasks. By using the learning study, teachers became aware of this difference and able to reassess their expectations for each child.

David Lamb, (2015) "Learning about events through involvement and participation: The use of experiential and authentic learning experiences", International Journal of Event and Festival Management, Vol. 6 Issue: 1, pp.73-91, doi.org

  • This article is about the use of an experiential learning model in an introduction events unit/module in partnership with Sports Canterbury. During this unit\module students explored the creation and manipulation of event experience. Students were able to acquire skills and knowledge that helped them experience the whole event. Experiential learning approaches are a valuable tool to overcome the knowledge practice gap recognised in vocationally orientated disciplines. The experiential learning model used in this study resulted in students being actively engaged in their learning through involvemnent and active participatiomn in an actual event, where they were able to apply what they had learnt in the classroom to the real world, The connection between theory and practice is important.


This was the mindmap we created in the lab;Coggle MindMap


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

ABOUT ME My name is Nhu Thai. I am really shy but after you know me you will probably regret knowing me. I love meme, I mean who doesn't? I am the oldest and I have 2 annoying brothers and one told me to write that he's a good singer...he thinks he's Beyonce... The best module I took from last year was probably web development because I like doing the coding but I also hate it at the same time. I understood it because I took down notes and ask the lecturer and classmates for help. When I saw that web development was one of my highest grade I was shocked and happy.  Career wise... I don’t really know exactly what I want to do. I would like to go and do something that involves media but I still don’t know if I want it for the long term yet. If I am doing it for the long term, I would like to go to graphic design or photography or website design.  Over the summer, I went to Disneyland Paris again. I only went because my little cousins wanted to go and I thought it

Game Vision Statement

Zoobe is what the name for the puzzle and adventure game I want to design.  It is a game where you are an animal, in a shape of a box and trying to escape from the zoo without getting caught but the humans or traps. The background story for this game is that one night the animal decided that they want to get away and out of the zoo and be free. Some nights after, one of the animal's gate was left unlock and left their "home" behind them. Since all the animals wanted to be free and actually go back to the jungle. The animal that escape went to get the key for the gate, with the help of other animals trying to get the zoo keeper drop the key to all the gates. To play this game, you are the animal who's gate was left unlock and have to get the key to open the other gates for the animal. The animal can't move by itself so you have to move them yourself without getting caught by the zookeeper or traps. To free the animal you either have to move them to the box that

Game Idea Research

Last week I brainstormed some different game ideas. This blog will be about one of those ideas and it will be the type of game I would enjoy working on for the rest of the semester and I will be focusing on the three possible game mechanics ideas that I know would work well for this assignment. The game idea I am going to focus on will be a puzzle game, my third game idea from the  Game Brainstorm  blog. This game idea was inspired by all the games I played and used to have on my phone. I want to create a game that's challenging but also fun to play. A game where the setting is in the sky and you have to move a box or something where it's supposed to be but there will be something trying to make you lose and think of your next move. Each level getting more difficult. The three or more game mechanics/rules ideas, I was thinking that would work well for the game is: Instant death  - Something causing the player to die instantly, maybe an spikes or a person/creatures Unco