Skip to main content

Annotated Bibliography 2

Just like last week blog post, I will be discussing another 5 article that relates to my Multimedia Project for this semester, These are the different Annotated Bibliography I looked at:

Nelson, K, Plesa, D, Henseler S: Children’s Theory of Mind: An Experiential Interpretation. Human Development 1998;41:7-29. doi.org
  • This article is about the theory versions of children's theory of mind as discussed. There's data from adults' responses to this theory task. Many college students provide an explanation while others gave straight forward theoretical explanations. The young children's experimental is suggested that they rely on background experientially. The theory of human action is based on the mindset, it is a developmental product of narrative. The theoretical and methodological are the difference from each other, these two research is for studying the children's developing understanding of others' actions and to address the terms of the theory of mind. There's a gap between the theory to the children's theory of mind, the summary theory to children's understanding of the meaning of action and talk in social life. 
Efthymios Valkanos, Iosif Fragoulis, (2007) "Experiential learning – its place in in‐house education and training", Development and Learning in Organizations: An International Journal, Vol. 21 Issue: 5, pp.21-23, doi.org
  • This article is about the experiential methods developed by trainers while carrying out the in house training programs with the aim to learn through experiences and their teaching, action or behaviour. This would show the reasons why experiential learning is important. Experiential is learning is the key tool to achieve the goals. It is based that learners make use of their experiences and appropriate educational techniques. It gives the opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviour that can help in a real working and social environment. When reflecting on your experience this should lead to a new learning cycle. It can offer a new range of opportunities to learn, working environment, socio-economic and cultural characteristics.
Sue Waite, (2010) Losing our way? The downward path for outdoor learning for children aged 2–11 years, Journal of Adventure Education and Outdoor Learning, 10:2, 111-126, doi.org
  • This article is about three empirical studies in the South Wes of England. A survey of outdoor experiential learning opportunities, examining attitudes, practice and aspirations of practitioners and children in educational and in a caring setting for children between the age of 2-11 years old. It shows that the journey of outdoor learning from early years to primary practice in England and it says that the "navigational tools" were used by practitioners. The children learning from outdoor should encourage practitioners to go back and ensure that children have the opportunities to learn outside the classroom while they are a young age.
Ferre Laevers, (2000) Forward to Basics! Deep‐Level‐Learning and the Experiential Approach, Early Years, 20:2, 20-29, doi.org
  • This article is about the framework on the "Experiential Education" project. It defined tests of academic that only means of looking at the educational outcomes. The idea of "deep level learning" is based on constructivist tradition, it catches the view on learning and development. The educational content is be constructed that can bring the children to the highest levels of involvement. This is how deep level learning can take place.
Hanan Kondratjew, Marion Kahrens, (2018) "Leveraging experiential learning training through spaced learning", Journal of Work-Applied Management, doi.org
  • This article is about Space Learning (SL) and Experiential Learning (EL), how they can be identified as a long term knowledge than other forms of learning. The purpose of this article is that it can confirm that SL and EL can work in a learning environment.  It revealed that adding SL to El training can either give the students' knowledge retention or improvement. It is recommended to considered Sl as an effective way to increase long-term knowledge that relates to any work based or EL training. It was confirmed that the benefits of SL and EL help in a real business context. Learning both theories in training programmes can converge with realistic in the workplace and improve long term knowledge. 

Learning;
Source: Public Domain Pictures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

ABOUT ME My name is Nhu Thai. I am really shy but after you know me you will probably regret knowing me. I love meme, I mean who doesn't? I am the oldest and I have 2 annoying brothers and one told me to write that he's a good singer...he thinks he's Beyonce... The best module I took from last year was probably web development because I like doing the coding but I also hate it at the same time. I understood it because I took down notes and ask the lecturer and classmates for help. When I saw that web development was one of my highest grade I was shocked and happy.  Career wise... I don’t really know exactly what I want to do. I would like to go and do something that involves media but I still don’t know if I want it for the long term yet. If I am doing it for the long term, I would like to go to graphic design or photography or website design.  Over the summer, I went to Disneyland Paris again. I only went because my little cousins wanted to go and I thought it

Game Vision Statement

Zoobe is what the name for the puzzle and adventure game I want to design.  It is a game where you are an animal, in a shape of a box and trying to escape from the zoo without getting caught but the humans or traps. The background story for this game is that one night the animal decided that they want to get away and out of the zoo and be free. Some nights after, one of the animal's gate was left unlock and left their "home" behind them. Since all the animals wanted to be free and actually go back to the jungle. The animal that escape went to get the key for the gate, with the help of other animals trying to get the zoo keeper drop the key to all the gates. To play this game, you are the animal who's gate was left unlock and have to get the key to open the other gates for the animal. The animal can't move by itself so you have to move them yourself without getting caught by the zookeeper or traps. To free the animal you either have to move them to the box that

Game Idea Research

Last week I brainstormed some different game ideas. This blog will be about one of those ideas and it will be the type of game I would enjoy working on for the rest of the semester and I will be focusing on the three possible game mechanics ideas that I know would work well for this assignment. The game idea I am going to focus on will be a puzzle game, my third game idea from the  Game Brainstorm  blog. This game idea was inspired by all the games I played and used to have on my phone. I want to create a game that's challenging but also fun to play. A game where the setting is in the sky and you have to move a box or something where it's supposed to be but there will be something trying to make you lose and think of your next move. Each level getting more difficult. The three or more game mechanics/rules ideas, I was thinking that would work well for the game is: Instant death  - Something causing the player to die instantly, maybe an spikes or a person/creatures Unco