Skip to main content

Project Research

In this blog, I will talk about all the research I did since we got this assignment. Since my role was coding, I looked at different Adobe Animate tutorials so I can understand how to use it. I also looked at different kids games and take some inspiration from it. When I was looking at kids games I looked at educational games and other games from the age of 4-6 years old. I looked for games that were maths and games on the iPad, since we want a maths game and for iPad.

These were the games I found

The games on the iPad were a mix of drag and drop and tap/click while the games on PC were tap/click.

Drag and Drop;
PlayKids (iPad)
The tutorials I watched how to get it to go to one scene to another since I couldn't get it to do that I got it to go one frame to another. I watched different tutorials based on this and how to create buttons in Adobe Animate. Most of them were the same method, it was difficult to follow some of the videos because it was the latest Adobe Animate. So when I am looking for videos I looked at the latest year, any videos that were before 2016. Once I got the understanding of how to create buttons I just repeat the method and add effects on the buttons that were already there on Adobe Animate. 

To add the effect on the buttons I just need to put out which effects I would like to use and click apply. 




Other than looking at different tutorials and kids games, I researched different fonts that would match our game and genre but the logo for this game is still a working process. With the colours that were used for the illustrations on the main page, Esmee and I looked at the different colours for the buttons that would stand out.

Colours for the button;
Yellow before you click on it and
Orange when hovered over.
Body/Main Font
Logo Font


Comments

  1. Hey Nhu:)) You're doing really good work within the group for Tiny Farm. Good job on the game design document by the way you did a lot of informative research. From the coding aspect of things are you finding it difficult or do you feel that you need more people to help in that area? The final game design document turned out really well I think our group is progressing at a great speed! Everything is going well in the art department it's good that we're giving each other a hand with everything when needed! Best of luck in the coding department I'd offer to help there but we both know I cannot code:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

ABOUT ME My name is Nhu Thai. I am really shy but after you know me you will probably regret knowing me. I love meme, I mean who doesn't? I am the oldest and I have 2 annoying brothers and one told me to write that he's a good singer...he thinks he's Beyonce... The best module I took from last year was probably web development because I like doing the coding but I also hate it at the same time. I understood it because I took down notes and ask the lecturer and classmates for help. When I saw that web development was one of my highest grade I was shocked and happy.  Career wise... I don’t really know exactly what I want to do. I would like to go and do something that involves media but I still don’t know if I want it for the long term yet. If I am doing it for the long term, I would like to go to graphic design or photography or website design.  Over the summer, I went to Disneyland Paris again. I only went because my little cousins wanted to go and I thought it

Game Vision Statement

Zoobe is what the name for the puzzle and adventure game I want to design.  It is a game where you are an animal, in a shape of a box and trying to escape from the zoo without getting caught but the humans or traps. The background story for this game is that one night the animal decided that they want to get away and out of the zoo and be free. Some nights after, one of the animal's gate was left unlock and left their "home" behind them. Since all the animals wanted to be free and actually go back to the jungle. The animal that escape went to get the key for the gate, with the help of other animals trying to get the zoo keeper drop the key to all the gates. To play this game, you are the animal who's gate was left unlock and have to get the key to open the other gates for the animal. The animal can't move by itself so you have to move them yourself without getting caught by the zookeeper or traps. To free the animal you either have to move them to the box that

Game Design Document

For this week blog, we had to create a Game Design Document (GDD) for our game assignment. Instead of using DunDoc we were asked to use powerpoint to create our GDD. Each member was assigned to write about their chosen topic. I was assigned to researched and write about the technical, game architecture and user interface. So I drew up the game architecture on draw.io and I looked up the touch screen technology for the user interface because we want the game to be on the iPad since this is a kids game and kids nowadays are always on their phone or iPad. The Tiny Farm GDD video below talks about what game it will be and our goal for this group assignment. We also talk about the looks and feel of the game we would like and want. As a group, we all decided to just do one subject instead of 7, we thought maths would be the easiest and the best one. We figured doing it based on the theme farm will also be the easiest one and it will be something kids will enjoy more. We want to design